It’s the holiday season! Well, at least according to every department and craft store. Is it just me or did it seem that as a child, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was FOREVER? Now that same time seems to go by in a blink. This holiday, you owe it to yourself to hit pause on the hustle and bustle, and enter for your chance to win the VIBee Savannah Weekend Getaway from DoubleTree and Savannah Bee Company.
December in Savannah should be called the Goldilocks season — not too hot, not too cold, with just the right amount of briskness in the air to put a little pep in your step. You’re here, of course, because you are the lucky winner of our VIBee Savannah Getaway, a grand idea developed by Stay in Savannah and the Savannah Bee Company. Here’s what you’ll enjoy:
- As the winner of the VIBee weekend getaway package, your Savannah Gift Box will be shipped directly to you with all of the instructions on booking your stay. Your gift box will be filled with Savannah Bee favorites like their Tupelo Reserve honey, Royal Jelly Body Butter, Chocolate Whipped Honey, honeycomb, and a variety of products from their skin care line.
- A two-night weekend stay in December for two at the DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District, complete with a heart-warming complimentary breakfast and valet service both days. Staying at the DoubleTree places the beautiful views of River Street and the excitement of City Market right outside your door!
- You’ll receive two all-day on-off passes aboard a trolley from Old Savannah Tours so you can experience the heart and history of Downtown Savannah.
- Next, indulge in a private Mead and Honey Tasting Tour at the Savannah Bee Company (and discover why Southerners so affectionately address acquaintances as, “honey”). Your tour will take you on a journey through the ancient art of mead-making while sampling a flight of Savannah Bee’s delicious Honey Wines (they say it’s like liquid sunshine in a bottle). Of course, you can’t go on a tasting tour of Savannah Bee without tasting some honey! So ready your taste buds to sample up to 20 varietals of honey while learning what makes each honey different. If you’ve never tried Savannah Bee honey, you’re in for a truly sweet treat. What was started by one man in Savannah, GA back in 2002 has grown to include 13 locations. Founder, president and head beekeeper of Savannah Bee, Ted Dennard, is passionate about bees and in a short time has grown his offering of edible treats to include beauty and lifestyle products that stay true to his all-natural Georgia roots.
- Once you’ve fully pampered your palate, you’ll relax with honey facials for two at the award-winning Spa Bleu. Sit back, and let the hydrating, antioxidant and antibacterial properties of honey nourish your skin and leave you with a golden-honey glow.
- In the evening, redeem a $100 gift card at one of the fabulous restaurants owned by Ele & The Chef: Fire Street Food, Little Duck Diner, The Vault Kitchen & Market, Flying Monk Noodle Bar, or Chive Sea Bar and Lounge– all located in historic downtown Savannah – or venture to nearby Wilmington Island where Current Kitchen & Cocktails awaits.
- Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, you cap off your evening with a decadent, delicious and famously creamy treat, care of Leopold’s Ice Cream.
So what are you waiting for? You only have until October 26, 2018 to enter! Just follow the steps below for your chance to win one SWEET VIBee Savannah Getaway. And thank you to DoubleTree, Savannah Bee Company and all the generous donors who came together to make it possible. Good luck! We look forward to seeing you in Savannah!